New Hampshire Car Accident Deaths
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are specific procedures you need to follow.
Steps to Follow
If you are involved in a car accident be sure to keep the following in mind:
- `Don't flee' is the most critical rule you must follow in any collision. Leaving the scene of a car accident-even if innocent-could explode into an ugly situation of legal ramifications, which can include loss of license, fines, and even arrest.
- Exchange details with every involved driver. Make certain you obtain addresses, names, license numbers, phone numbers, and insurance details.
- Attempt to get numbers and names of witnesses. This might help with insurance claims.
- Don't try to move an injured person. Removing an individual from a burning car is the only exception.
- If you collide with an unoccupied car, attempt to find the owner. If unsuccessful, leave a note with your contact and insurance information.
- If the police are slow to arrive, attempt to alert oncoming traffic to the collision scene ahead.
If damages total over $1,000 or if somebody was killed or injured, you have to file a New Hampshire Operator Report with the DMV in Concord within fifteen days of the collision. Do not test the mandate. Failing to report an accident with an injury or death is considered a felony. If an additional individual is involved in a collision while driving your car, then he or she is responsible for filing the accident report.
Locate Legal Assistance with a Car Accident Lawyer Concord, NH
If injured in a collision, consider getting in touch with one of our car accident lawyers in Concord, NH prior to signing any insurance contracts.
Give Room to Others Involved in Traffic Emergencies
In the state of New Hampshire, state law requires cars to give space and attention to other traffic emergencies. On May 5th, 2008, the `Mover Over' regulation was expanded to include tow truck drivers and highway workers. The law specifically requires drivers to slow down and provide clearance to stationary cars that display red, amber, or blue emergency lights at any roadside incident scene.
Your Car Accident Lawyer Concord, NH
Once you contact personal injury attorney at Lucas Law, PLLC, in Gilford, New Hampshire, at (603) 581-7102 regarding your car accident, one of our car accident lawyers will meet with you in a timely manner. He or she will learn the specifics of your case, analyze your situation, consider possible actions, and offer various options. If you decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit in relationship to your car accident, your attorney from Lucas Law, PLLC, will work tirelessly in order to secure a proper and fair settlement.